Many charities will pick up your items free of charge.
Places to donate
Check websites for locations nearest you. Many charities will pick up your items free of charge.
• Goodwill: Furniture, appliances, housewares, clothing, electronics, sporting goods and exercise equipment and more. www.GoodwillDE.org
• Salvation Army: Clothing, housewares, electronics and more. www.SAtruck.org
• Big Brothers Big Sisters: Clothing, housewares, books, toys and more. www.DonateBBBS.com
• Vietnam Veterans of America: Clothing, baby items, housewares, electronics, books, toys, bikes, “almost anything.” www.VVA.org
• Habitat For Humanity ReStore: Furniture, appliances, housewares, building materials and more. www.habitat.org
• Brandywine Valley SPCA: Pet collars, harnesses, beds, toys, carriers, towels, sheets and more. www.BVSPCA.org
• Catholic Charities: Clothing, housewares, furniture, appliances and more. www.CCWilm.org
• National Network to End Domestic Violence: Cell phones. www.NNEDV.org
• Dress For Success: Career clothing for women. www.dressforsuccess.org
• Angel Wings Memory Gowns: Wedding dresses. www.AngelWingsMemoryGowns.org
• Stuffed Animals For Emergencies: Stuffed animals. www.StuffedAnimalsForEmergencies.org
• The Dreaming Zebra Foundation: Art supplies and musical instruments. www.DreamingZebra.org