The blaze was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m. this morning, March 19, according to Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael G. Chionchio.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that an overnight fire in a Greenville store was accidental.

The blaze was reported shortly after 2:30 a.m. this morning, March 19, said Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael G. Chionchio.

The fire occurred inside the Jewelry Exchange of Delaware in the Greenville Crossing II Shopping Center at 4001 Kennett Pike, Wilmington.

The Talleyville Fire Company responded to the fire alarm.

Investigators from the State Fire Marshal's Office determined that the fire started in the back of the store when an electrical malfunction occurred involving a refrigerator, Chionchio said.

The flames were doused by an automatic sprinkler system containing the fire until firefighters arrived.

There were no reported injuries. Fire damage was estimated at $100,000, Chionchio said.