Fire does $150,000 in damage during a.m. blaze
The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office has determined that this morning's apartment building fire in Pike Creek, DE., was accidental.
The Aetna Hose Hook and Ladder Company of Newark was alerted to a fire in the unit block of Lynn Hall in the Foxwoods apartment complex shortly after 10 a.m. this morning. Fire apparatus arrived with fire and smoke coming from the building. Several other Fire Companies were called to the scene to assist.
State Fire Investigators were called to the scene and determined that the fire was accidental in nature and caused when natural gas ignited from a heater being installed in an unoccupied first floor apartment.
Fire damage is estimated at approximately $150,000. Approximately twenty residents of the apartment building are being assisted by the Red Cross of Delmarva. No injuries were reported.