According to a recent nationwide study by the Corporation for National and Community Service, Delaware had the highest single-year percentage increase, 5.3 percent, in volunteering.
Organizations throughout the state need volunteers to prepare and serve holiday meals, collect and wrap gifts, or just spread some holiday cheer. Here are just a few ways you can make the holidays brighter for others:
- Adopt-A-Family, dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dssc/adoptfam.html.
- Salvation Army Angel Trees, salvationarmy.org.
- Donate canned goods to local food banks or organizations, fbde.org.
- Delaware SPCA, delspca.org.
- Toys for Tots, toysfortots.org.
For more information: VolunteerDelaware.org.