- Girl Scout's Woman of Distinction Program at the Hotel DuPont
- Posted March 13, 2013 midnight
- The Girl Scouts held their Woman of Distinction dinner at the Hotel DuPont on Tuesday, March 12. An interesting aspect of the program began with a panel discussion with about 70 girl scouts and a panel of aviation experts – Brigadier General Carol Timmons, this year's Woman of Distinction, as well as the head pilot from DuPont (who is a woman), a member of the Delaware 99s, and a female helicopter pilot from the Delaware State Police. Also joining the panel were two professors in aviation programs, from Wilmington College and Delaware State University.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Red Clay School District parent forum rescheduled for May 30
- Cab Calloway School of the Arts marks theatre renovations with ...
- Social Security reveals top baby names in Delaware for 2012
- New Castle County recognized for financial reporting excellence...
- Bohm, Woods win Red Clay Board of Education election
- Hockessin couple resurrects Everyday Artists off Old Lancaster ...
- Mother's Day in Hockessin starts with Ladies Auxiliary breakfas...
- Newark students to participate in Ford/AAA Auto skills competit...
- Red Clay school board incumbent Kenneth Woods faces phantom opp...
- Troopers seek public's help identifying cigarette thief
- New Castle County capital construction spending nearly flat for...
- Read more top stories