- PHOTO GALLERY: Guard welcomes home troops in Harrington
- Posted May 28, 2012 midnight
- The Delaware Army National Guard welcomed home the 1049th Transportation Company Monday after a 10-month deployment in Afghanistan. Friends and family packed the Schabinger Pavilion at the Delaware State Fairgrounds in Harrington to reunite with the soldiers on Memorial Day. The 170 soldiers of the 1049th, headquartered in Seaford, provided truck transportation moving equipment through rugged terrain and as convoy security escorts on various “gun trucks.” They performed over 200 missions without a serious injury, despite coming under fire from small arms and IEDs. While the company was based in Seaford, the soldiers hail from cities across the state.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Zero Waste Team was Victorious at the Christopher Columbus Awar...
- NCCo Police unveil 24/7 prescription drug drop-box
- DelDOT, DEMA offer update on flooding, road conditions around H...
- Teacher Q&A: Red Clay School District Teacher of the Year Ed Ki...
- VICE CHANCELLOR RULES IN FAVOR OF SAVE OUR COUNTY
- Free housing workshops with mortgage lenders June 10-11
- Recreational crabbers reminded of catch regulations, including ...
- Tips on how to handle' abandoned' fawns, wild animals
- Slots still available for Adventure Race June 15
- Division of Fish and Wildlife to begin annual banding of barn o...
- Red Clay Consolidated School District Kick-off Two Major Projects
- Read more top stories